Thursday, May 4, 2017


          
                                                                   The Tunnel


            The water was splashing against my ankles.  The smell was almost unbearable. I continued to run.  I spotted in the distance, that there was light.  My hopes suddenly raised.  I stopped and glanced upward.  It was another sewer cover.  I climbed the ladder, hoping I was finally safe.  I grabbed onto the cover, but found myself slipping back toward the murky water.  I looked back up at the cover.   Slime dripped through the cover, landing with a splash in the water.  Suddenly, I heard a voice from the other end of the tunnel.  It was the police.  

2 comments:

  1. Maybe combine these two sentences together, The smell was almost unbearable. I continued to run. With the word 'but'. Maybe re-word this sentence, I spotted in the distance, that there was light. To read, I spotted something in the distance, a light.

    ReplyDelete