Friday, April 7, 2017



                                The Wall

The third bell rang.  I knew I was running out of time.  The wall would be closing soon and then I would be lost.  I glanced at my watch.  I had two minutes.  I ran down the hall, dodging all the people.  I looked at the people, where was my mom? I tripped.  I rolled.  I looked up, there was a crowd of people surrounding me.  Now I would never make it in time.  I stood up, and continued to run.  I stopped.  There was the wall.  I stepped through, but I was too late, the wall closed, I was stuck in the wall.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Celary,

    Your use of short sentences immediately shared the tension your character felt when trying to get to the wall before it closed. When we're excited or scared, we don't react with long sentences and thoughts but quick grasping of ideas as our mind tries to cope with what's happening. Well done.

    I hope you can keep entering the 100WC. It's a great way to share your adventures with the world.

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete