Thursday, January 12, 2017

The accident

            “I remember the sirens wailing.” I answered.
            “What else do you remember?” the lawyer asked.
            “I remember hearing my sister cry as she told them what happened.”
            “Anything else?”
            “No,” I replied.  The lawyer left.  I was alone in my hospital room.  I heard the ambulance driver answering his questions.
            “…Yes I know. I looked in front and behind. Which way? Was what I was thinking as I stopped at the light.  That car came out of know where when it hit us.” answered the driver.
            “That car, and your mistake, costed that little girl her legs.” said the lawyer.

            “I know, I know.” replied the driver.

1 comment:

  1. Great story overall but, you forgot to indent the first sentence. I don't think you need the comma in this sentence, “I remember hearing my sister cry, as she told them what happened.” And one last thing, you forgot to put a period at the end of driver, the last line. That's really all the mistakes I could find.

    ReplyDelete